The Montessori Method of education is celebrated for simplifying complex and abstract concepts into bite-sized forms.
If you have been researching the Montessori Method of education, you might have come across the term Montessori 3-Part Cards.
These unique cards cover almost all topics in the Montessori Curriculum and provide children with integral information in a bite-sized form that is easy to comprehend.
The Montessori 3-part cards cover a wide range of topics that are often introduced to the child in different procedures or methods.
If you are a parent, educator, or immediate caregiver who is searching for ways to effectively incorporate Montessori 3-Part cards in your child’s curriculum, look no further.
Here is everything you should know about Montessori 3-part cards to effectively introduce this wonderful Montessori Material.
What are The Montessori 3-Part Cards?
Montessori 3 Part Cards, also referred to as Montessori Nomenclature cards, are wonderful Montessori Material that allows children to build appropriate vocabulary.
The Montessori 3-Part Cards come in a set of three cards that depict an image of the word, the word itself, and another card that fashions both the image as well as the label.
These sets of cards provide the child with appropriate vocabulary for almost all the subjects in the Montessori Curriculum.
These manipulatives are introduced in a particular procedure that helps children internalize the information provided on the cards.
The Montessori 3-Part Cards are versatile and can be used for activities such as matching, reading, sequencing, or classification of objects.
The Montessori 3-Part Cards consist of the following components:
- The control cards which carry the image and the label of the image
- The object card that fashions just the image of the object
- The label cards bear the label of the depicted object.
When are Montessori 3-Part Cards introduced?
The Montessori 3-Part cards are an integral part of the Montessori Early-Childhood Elementary Program.
These Montessori manipulatives are highly versatile and are great for children who have just begun to read and write.
These cards are ideally introduced to children during the second half of the first plane of development, between the ages of 3 to 6 years, and also during the second plane of development, 6 to 9 years.
What is the Purpose of Using Montessori 3-Part Cards?
The Montessori 3-Part Cards are an essential aspect for building the child’s vocabulary during the pre-reading stages.
These are versatile, efficient, and engaging for children during their first and second planes of development.
These cards cover a wide range of Montessori topics and represent them in an easy to comprehend or internalize pattern.
The main purpose of Montessori 3-Part cards is to acquaint the child with new vocabulary, act as a guide, and provide children with the right tools to comprehend, identify, as well as associate the said words.
Where can you find Montessori 3-Part Cards?
The Montessori 3-Part Cards can be easily obtained as they are widely available on websites such as Etsy, Amazon, and Montessori-related websites.
You can also easily download Montessori nomenclature cards or Montessori 3-Part Cards in the form of printable PDF format for a couple of bucks.
Here is a list of websites where you can find Montessori 3-Parts cards:
- Print your own Montessori 3 parts ranging from phonetic reading cards, and nomenclature cards, to zoology cards
- Purchase your own Montessori 3-Part cards on esty
Looking for exciting Montessori 3-Part Card Templates?
Refer to: https://www.imagineourlife.com/2014/10/08/diy-montessori-3-part-cards/ to create your own DIY Montessori 3-Part cards with a personalized touch.
How to create your own DIY Montessori 3-Part Cards?
Creating your own personalized Montessori 3-part Cards is not a difficult task, in fact, it is as simple as sticking a template on cardstock.
Here is what you will need to create your own Montessori 3-Part Cards:
- Card Stock Paper
- A functioning colored printer
- Laminator along with laminating paper
- A paper cutter (optional)
Here are some steps to follow when creating your own unique DIY Montessori 3-Part Cards:
You can use a PDF Format Montessori 3-Part Card Template or you can design your own images and labels on Microsoft PowerPoint or Microsoft Word.
Using Microsoft Powerpoint:
- Insert 1 table with 4 columns on Microsoft PowerPoint to create one Montessori 3-Part Card
- Merge the rows together to create your own Montessori 3-part card with the picture and the label
- You can select any desired font for the label of the card but, it should be easy to read for the child
- Lastly adult the size of the fonts and the images in proportion to the size of the Montessori 3-Part Card
Using Microsoft Word:
- Select any desired image of the object of your choice
- Resize the image according to the proportion of the Montessori 3-Part card
- Insert the label of the object in any easily comprehensible font
- It is important to leave space between the image and the label
- Print out the images along with their designated labels
- Lastly, adhere the three sets to different cardstock papers
Are there Montessori 3-Part Cards for different Age groups?
The Montessori 3-Part cards are unique and versatile Montessori Materials that provide children of different age groups with new vocabulary.
As a matter of yes, there are different sets of Montessori 3-part cards that cover a wide variety of topics meant for different age groups.
Here is a list of different activities involving Montessori 3-part cards for different age groups:
How to introduce Montessori 3-Part Cards for 1 to 3-year-olds?
For children between the ages of 1 to 3, Montessori 3-Part cards are ideally used to acquaint the child with new vocabulary.
These activities are often facilitated by the Montessori image cards as well as tangible figurines of the said image bearing Montessori 3-part image cards.
It is important to use a limited amount of Montessori 3-Part cars to avoid overwhelming the child.
The following activities can be incorporated into the curriculum facilitated by Montessori 3-Part Cards:
- Matching the images
- Matching the images with their designated objects
- Acquaintance with the new vocabulary
How to introduce Montessori 3-Part Cards for 3 to 6-year-olds?
During this stage, children are beginning to develop their reading as well as writing skills. Hence during this period, the adult must initiate the activity by introducing the Montessori 3-Part control card.
The goal during this phase is to firstly allow children to internalize the names of the objects on the cards and gradually develop the requisite skills to read the labels on the cards.
Here are some steps to follow when introducing Montessori 3-Part cards to children between the ages of 3 to 6 years.
- Matching the labels of the objects to the image cards
- Matching the images with each other
- Matching the words with each other
- Lastly, memorizing and internalizing the new word
How to introduce Montessori 3-Part Cards to 6 to 9-year-olds?
Once the child begins to effortlessly read the words, it is now time to introduce the meanings and definitions of the words delineated on the Montessori 3-part cards.
The main goal for children between the ages of 6 to 9 years is to develop an understanding of the word.
During this stage, the definition card also comes into play. The adult will lay down the image card, the label, the card, and the definition in front of the child during this stage.
Here are some steps to follow when introducing Montessori 3-Part cards to children between the ages of 6 to 9 years:
- Learning the names of the objects
- Matching the name card to the label card
- Learning definitions and meanings of the words
- Lastly, memorizing and internalizing the new definition as well as meanings of the objects.
Are Montessori 3 Part Cards Effective?
By now you know that Montessori 3 Part Cards are effective Montessori Language Materials that provide children with tools to build vocabulary in a bite-sized form.
The Montessori 3 Part Cards are one of the easiest ways to help your child comprehend new concepts.
The best part about Montessori 3 Part Cards these cards are exceptionally versatile and progress with the child.
The Montessori 3 Part Cards cover a diverse range of concepts with built-in control of error that can be reused to during different stages of development.