- A Montessori high chair is a specially designed chair for children that they can access safely and independently.
- High chairs come with a stepstool system that allows children to climb up into the chair without help.
- These chairs allow unrestricted movement, and bonding time with family members, grow with your child, foster independence, and are aesthetically pleasing.
Are you looking for a chair for your baby that is safe and fits well in your home?
As children grow, high chairs become an essential part of their lives. Parents look for a chair to feed their babies in a hassle-free way.
Although regular chairs are available for this purpose, the Montessori high chair allows the children to climb up without needing help from parents. Parents can take it easy while children learn using this multi-purpose chair. Montessori classrooms and many homes use Montessori high chairs for their benefit.
Let us see how Montessori high chairs are different from others.
What is a Montessori high chair?
A Montessori high chair is a specially designed chair for children that they can access safely and independently.
One of the principles of Montessori philosophy is to foster independence in children as they grow. Montessori high chairs realize this goal of Montessori as most of the chairs come with a stepstool system that allows children to climb up into the chair without help.
There are many advantages to having this high chair at home.
Advantages of Montessori high chair
- Independence – It promotes independence in children. Children can use the chair independently and leave the table when finished with their meals.
- Everyone is comfortable in the family – Children can join the mealtimes with their family. It allows everyone to have a place on the table comfortably. The family can have meals together, and the children need not adjust to a seat that does not fit them.
- Freedom of movement – The design of the highchairs is such that the children are not contained, and can move freely as they have meals for their gross motor development.
- Bonding with family members – With kids participating in mealtimes with the family, they connect with the family members and their conversations. It helps them in bonding with the family.
- Children are happy – Parents do not have to struggle to make their children sit on the chairs. They happily get into and out of the chair as they are proud of their achievement.
- Grow with the child – The high chairs have adjustable seats and footrests so that your child does not outgrow the chair quickly. Even adults can use the chairs.
- Aesthetically pleasing – These chairs look attractive, and go well with your home. Unlike regular chairs, they fit in the decor of your room.
- Builds confidence – Children love climbing and jumping. This chair provides natural opportunities for them to climb with meaningful purpose. They become confident as they climb on their own, have better control of their body, and become more aware of their surroundings.
- Safe for children – Children can climb this chair with little supervision when small. As they grow and gain mobility, they can climb independently, and parents need not worry too much about it.
- Resale value – Although they are expensive, you can sell the chair when you no longer need them. It will fetch a better price than the regular chairs.
Now that you know about the benefits of a Montessori high chair, you would want to invest in one for your child.
Are you looking for that perfect Montessori high chair for your child?
Here are a few options that might help you choose the best Montessori high chair for your child.
1) Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair
Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair is the perfect adjustable Montessori High chair for toddlers that can be transformed into a regular-size chair as the kids grow up. It will fit in perfectly with your furniture.
This high chair is ideal for its sturdiness and is a good option for parents of children with special needs. Abiie’s sleek and compact design and contemporary look will enhance your home and won’t take up too much space.
- It comes with a waterproof cushion that will stay dry with a quick wipe in case of spills.
- It comes with a tray cover that is dishwasher friendly, a convenient solution for every busy parent.
- Grows with your child and can be used from infancy through adulthood.
- Ensures a hygienic environment for your child as the chair undergoes heat sterilization at high temperatures.
- The high chair has a Dual Restraint System that can be adjusted for a 5-point harness or 3-point harness for safety and comfort.
2) Keekaroo Height Right High Chair
Keekaroo Height Right High Chair is sturdy and made of natural wood. It has an adjustable seat and footplate. It is a good purchase for those who want a single high chair from infancy to preschool and beyond that.
Its ergonomic design of the backrest allows for a comfortable seating position.
- An eating Tray is included.
- It has a liquid-proof infant insert that is easy to clean.
- It can support up to 250 pounds of weight.
- Has cloth cushion seating.
- Depth adjustable seat and footplate and height-adjustable seat and footplate.
3) Stokke Tripp Trapp Highchair
Stokke Tripp Trapp Highchair is the most popular chair and highly versatile. The Stokke is an old reputed company and reliable with their products.
The chair has three seats or levels that can be utilized as your child grows.
They are designed by Peter Opsvik and are available in many colors.
They are a bit expensive compared to other high chairs but are high quality that can be passed to generations to come.
- Made of solid wood.
- Adjustable height and depth seat and footplate.
- Accessories like baby sets and other stuff for comfort.
- It can support a weight of 300 pounds.
4) Svan Essential High Chair
Svan Essential High Chair is available in an environmentally-friendly Scandinavian bent birch wood design which is durable. It is non-toxic and lead-free.
It is a lightweight but sturdy high chair. It grows with your child to provide ergonomic support through adulthood.
As they grow, you can adjust the seat to fit their depth and the footrest to fit their height. When the feet touch the floor, you can remove the footrest, and the Svan High Chair can be used like any other chair in your home.
- Removable three-point harness designed for family interaction.
- Converts to a highchair with the Svan Infant KitSafety.
- The ergonomic seat adjusts vertically & horizontally.
- It can support up to 250 pounds.
- Optional cushions are available in a variety of colors.
5) Fornell Adjustable Wooden High Chair
The Fornell Adjustable Wooden High Chair is made of birch tree plywood. It is a sturdy and durable chair that is easy to assemble. It grows with the child. The toddler table seat and footrest of the high chair can be adjusted to accommodate the growing needs of your child. Its intelligent design allows freedom of movement with both depth and height adjustable seat and footplates.
It provides your child with a comfortable and ergonomic seating position even if they grow up.
It is designed to fit right up to your dining table, allowing your child to learn and develop with you.
- Easy to clean.
- It can hold up to 200 pounds.
- Safe and beautifully designed.
The Montessori High chair is envisioned for child’s every stage up to adulthood. When looking for a high chair for your child, look for something that allows your baby or toddler to be independent and safe and that can last through adulthood.